A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia’s fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world’s first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
Gods Unchained (GU) is one of the most successful blockchain TCG’s! Given the success and progression, we now have a new opportunity as a UI Designer to join the team to make high-quality game user interface, to ensure the assets are aligned with the direction of the brand and the specifications of the design system overall. You will not only be involved in creating assets for the PC platform, but also our upcoming mobile version as well!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Guide the overall strategy of the UI function for the Gods Unchained team, including best practices, processes, and strategy, to achieve the goal of a beautiful and world-class game for our players
- Create high-quality user interface assets that clearly communicate their purpose to the player, while feeling like a believable and expressive part of the Gods Unchained game and universe
- Collaborate with Art, Engineering, UX, and Game Design colleagues to define new UI elements and and bring them to life in the product
- Maintain and and evolve the quality of the design system, including UI components, animations, and style guide
- Our new designer will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to design experiences and effect change that will ripple across both the behemoth gaming industry as well as the rapidly growing world of blockchain
- They’ll work closely with other designers and team leads to define what the future of gaming will look and feel like. Their design prowess will enable us to promote and market Gods Unchained, while also becoming an inspiring contributor to our multidisciplinary team
We would love you to have:
- Experience working within the gaming or creative industry
- Comfortable using tools such as Adobe, Figma, and Unity to create assets
- Experience working with and maintaining a design system
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Prior experience working on a TCG or fantasy genre
- Knowledge of mobile game art development
- Experience in creating after-effects and adding animation to 2D art
- Interest in blockchain/crypto/NFT
A bit about the team:
Gods Unchained (GU) is one of the worlds first NFT online trading card games led by Chris Clay (Former Game Director of Magic: The Gathering Arena). Providing true ownership for our players through NFTs you will be able to collect, build, sell and directly trade your cards to other players. Gods Unchained remains focused on strong, competitive gameplay at it’s core, giving players a wide variety of tactical options in each game depending on the individual decks being built.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products’ success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
Get premium access to Aura, Calm, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You’ll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered so no need to reach out – We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!