Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
• Define and communicate a cohesive vision and standard for artistic workflows and pipelines
• Be the primary driver in defining and growing the discipline of tech art across the studio
• Amplify artistic capabilities while maintaining efficient and sustainable memory and performance
• Lead teams in identifying and prototyping new opportunities to incorporate technology to increase art workflow efficiency and unlock new creative opportunities
• Lead and manage other technical artists, leads, and directors
• Partner with senior discipline leaders to define expectations between tech art, art, engineering, and production
• Fill in initial tech art gaps on new or exploratory products or teams, and set them up for sustainability
• Ensure proper staffing and allocation of technical artists across product teams
• Work with IT and other technical organizations across the company to ensure proper alignment and support for product
• Skilled artist with 10 years experience in game development (or similar experience) and at least one shipped title as an Art Director
• Experienced at establishing art vision and guidelines across an entire project
• Accomplished in leading and inspiring teams of artists and in delivering relevant and timely feedback as the team executes through pre-production, production and as evolving live service
• Experience setting up and working with external development partners
• You have comprehensive art skills and hands-on ability – enough to support a small incubation team with quick placeholders and experimental assets, both 2D and 3D as well as with team of scale and size
• You’re an excellent listener and skilled translator between art and other departments
• You are curious about how things work and you love to learn
• You often want to understand the design of things and find ways to apply your art knowledge to solve problems in other domains
• You gravitate naturally towards elevating gameplay function and player experience and can explain how you’d apply your deep repertoire of art skills to help solve problems in those areas
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.