Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible. Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
We want to take the Explorer to the next level, improving the look and feel of the platform and giving Decentraland creators more artistic tools and dynamic elements to empower their scenes and turn them into full-fledged experiences. We are looking for a talented Technical Artist who can work side by side with our Art Director to realize their vision and:
• Create unique, awesome and performant shaders and particle systems, respecting the technical constraints.
• Explore and implement new tools and techniques to continuously push the visual bar of our product.
• Bridge game between Art and Engineering contributors to ensure elements are successfully implemented into the engine.
• Iterate fast and create innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Help team in standarization and improving development processes for the production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs and animations.
• Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines.
• Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team.
The Tech Stack
These are the technologies you would use on a daily basis:
• Unity & C#
• Unity Shader Graph/Amplify
• ZenHub for project management
• Previous experience as a Technical Artist, having shipped at least 2 games.
• Extensive experience with Unity, creating world class products.
• Experience in scripting with C# within the Unity environment.
• Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline.
• Experience building shaders and particle systems using ShaderGraph/Amplify Shader.
• Sharing our core values: create with passion, care about the future, done is better than perfect, own it, enjoy the ride.
• Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
• Relevant experience using Blender in a technical art role is desirable.
• Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Illustrator skills such as texture painting or concept art.
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 vacation days per year
• Long term incentive of MANA tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Stipend policy to cover work-related expenses
• Stipend policy for English or Spanish lessons
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.