Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
The SDK team creates solutions that enable creators (internal & 3rd party game studios) to securely and reliably publish their games and services to all players across the world. Together, we’ll ensure your experiences will reach and delight players worldwide.
• Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews.
• Lead a process in defining technical outcomes, tools, and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for DCL’s developers & content creators.
• Establish strong connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support.
•Work with developers & content creator technical leads, both internally and externally, in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at DCL.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture).
• Strong familiarity with programming languages such as C#, TypeScript, Node.js, and Rust.
• Experience with API/SDK architecture and development.
• Familiarity with client/service application architecture, HTTP based web services at scale.
• Experience in using game engines like Unreal, Unity.
• Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of web, mobile platforms, along with experience in iOS or Android.
• Passionate about effective code testing strategies.
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 4 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.