Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
We are actively seeking an experienced Development Manager; a team player with excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills, and someone who is passionate about removing obstacles, solving problems, and making sure things get done.
Being accountable to the Product Owner and being part of the project’s core leadership team, the Development Manager owns the project management and the operational model of the project. In collaboration with a wide variety of internal and external partners, you are responsible for helping Decentraland deliver great experiences and features to our players.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from planning, through execution to delivery. The ideal candidate is excited to operate in a challenging and ambiguous environment, and it motivates them to drive quality results in line with team, schedule, and budget.
• Creating and validating project schedules that meet the requirements of the team; discussing and creating consensus on project resource requirements, workflow, and milestones.
• Help maintain and improve the work systems used throughout the project and how multi-team work is coordinated.
• Create and maintain the project roadmap with clear milestones.
• Drive alignment on milestones, expectations, scope, staffing needs, and timeline.
• Facilitate conversations, identify misalignments and develop risk mitigation plans to proactively identify challenges before they become an issue.
• Track the progress of the team’s deliverables and provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates to achieve the projects’ objectives.
• Manage change request process by clearly communicating to project stakeholders the nature of the change request, the cost of changes, and the prioritization of the changes.
• Ensure optimal team health, culture, and efficiency
• Project Management or Agile certification
• Experience in distributed, matrix organization is a big plus
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.