OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
Our engineering team is seeking a strong, talented Software Engineer to own our developer experience and overall velocity across OpenSea. This person will join an elite team supporting our internal infrastructure that enables internal OpenSea developers to write and ship programmatically tested code with extremely high confidence and high velocity. The influence and ownership you provide will directly impact the pace of one of the fastest growing NFT marketplaces in Web3.
What You’ll Do
- Build tight partnerships with development as continuous integration experts supporting fast-response to emergent throttles and sustainable solutions for optimizations to velocity
- Strategically introduce and optimize testing processes by defining automation best practices and leading high-quality, scalable solutions to testing bottlenecks
- Design and implement tools to build, maintain and operate test environments and infrastructure with the goal to simplify development and automated testing
- Champion quality as a culture across OpenSea
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Strong programmer with infrastructure or developer velocity experience
- Impressive analytical skills to identify inefficiencies across our CI/CD with expertise to drive sustainable solutions
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to build tight partnerships with dependent teams
- Collaborative when working across teams and independent when navigating ambiguity of assigned deliverables with minimal supervision