Ultra is a blockchain company launching a PC games distribution and an app ecosystem. Ultra aggregates all gamers’ activities in one place: from buying, playing and reselling games, to accessing live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting with communities and brands.
The team is currently composed of 90+ full-time members, working across 5 continents. To learn more, visit our website: https://ultra.io/
Ultra is looking for a Reliability Engineer determined to bring the best experience to all our users. Reporting directly to our Head of Engineering, and working closely with our Devops team, you will create software that improves the reliability of systems in production, fix issues, respond to incidents and take on-call responsibilities.You will also be working proactively with development teams to ensure that the code and components they produce are sustainable in all environments leading up to production, have built-in monitoring capacity and are inherently reliable when deployed and living long term in production.
The Ultra team is distributed on a global level, and some of the work will be done asynchronously, and requires a high level of autonomy.
Before becoming a SRE you have played a significant role in a team as a devops, or a dev, or a QA engineer.
You are organised and autonomous, ready to tackle the challenges our ambitious and innovative platform is facing. You have great communication skills, you are a problem-solver, a team player. You always strive for the best and are ready to put your knowledge and skills in the service of a reliable, secure product.
- 5+ years experience as a member of a software engineering team, with at least 3 years experience as an SRE
- Experience working with dev teams on Node.Js, Angular, C++
- Cloud Architecture knowledge (GCP and/or AWS)
- Container development and orchestration (Docker + Kubernetes)
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Experience with event driven topology
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (terraform)
- End to End Testing
- Experience with Cloud Native services
- Familiar with Prometheus/Grafana and other metrics/monitoring tools
- Experience with Log Aggregation tooling (elastic search etc)
- Understanding of Linux systems
- Experience with develop e2e CICD pipelines (Gitlab)
- Fluent in English
It’s great if you also have:
- Experience with blockchain technology: EOS or other
- Previous experience in the gaming industry
What you will do
- Your challenges
- You will work with staff & stakeholders all around the world; collaborating efficiently with them will be part of your daily routine, and the key to your – and Ultra’s – success
- Ultra could be considered as a multitude of smaller sub-projects, each having its own team leader, and different levels of maturity and advancement. Your ability to advise and collaborate with multiple teams will help us deliver the best product in the most efficient way.
- Ultra is a fast-growing startup: you will have to adapt and thrive in our dynamic and always innovative environment.
- Run all our environments by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Implement and improve Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Implement solutions to mitigate downtime and outages
- Work collaboratively with the DevOps Teams and core teams to develop a strategy to improve system resilience
- Run regular Performance Analysis and Load testing on the platform (in conjunction with release cycles to ensure no degradation occurs)
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you know, what you learn, and to share and implement your ideas
- Join a global, enthusiastic team determined to shake up the gaming industry
- Work with passionate engineers, product owners, testers… in a multicultural environment
At Ultra, you will:
- If your application is selected, you will enter our recruitment process:
- step 1: meet Mathilde, Recruiter
- step 2: Take our Technical test
- step 3: Meet Hugo, our Head of Engineering, and our Devops team
- step 4: Meet Mike, CTO of Ultra
Ultra is a true international company currently spread across the globe (Estonia, Belgium, France, Portugal, Ukraine, USA, China, South Africa…). We thrive off diverse perspectives! We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more! We’re committed to giving equal opportunities, and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.