About The Position
The Sandbox is building a decentralized metaverse, empowering creators and players to come together and build the world they’ve always wanted. It is our mission to build an inclusive and open metaverse. Building the bridge between blockchain, social experiences, and gaming. Creating long-lasting relationships through the power of community, creativity, and NFTs.
We are looking for a quality-driven and innovative Shader & VFX Programmer to join our highly motivated and experienced team.
As a core team member, you will be responsible for implementing and delivering cutting-edge graphics, visual effects, and shaders.
Focused on low-level rendering, graphics techniques, and optimizations, this role also involves toolchain and tool development for our Game Maker and Game Client.
- Participate in our product development from ideation, development to deployment, and beyond.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Translate designs into technical specifications and implementations.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Create groundbreaking new features for our community and for internal use.
- Work close to Artists and Designers to bring designs and visual references to life.
- Maintain and optimize existing rendering systems.
- Meet deadlines and produce high-quality code.
- Implementing new rendering solutions, based on the given guidelines and platform constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a graphics programmer.
- Solid 3d math, algebra, and algorithms knowledge.
- Fluent in C# or C++, experience with HLSL is essential.
- GPU/CPU optimization is nothing new for you.
- Knowledge of rendering techniques and object-oriented programming is required.
- Knowledge of graphics debugging tools like Renderdoc or similar.
- Good communication skills, responsibility, and dedication to work.
- Knowledge of Entity Component Systems and Data-Oriented programming.
- Experience with Unity Shadergraph.
- Experience working with VFX Graph, or PopcornFX VFX editor.
- Experience with Unity Scriptable Render Pipeline, specially URP.
- Passion for programming and games.