OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
In this role, you will be working closely with Product, Design and the rest of Engineering to craft phenomenal buyer, seller and creator experiences with relentless focus on performance, scale and finesse. You will be working across the stack using React.js, GraphQL, Python (Django), Postgres and ES. You will be leading large greenfield initiatives, scoping them with stakeholders, and delivering on them with the rest of engineering. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and design core product features from start to finish; from conception and research to implementation and iteration, all the way through deployment, maintenance, and future iterations
- Help architect and build performant backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Think holistically about how parts of our systems fit together from the UX to the underlying APIs and data models
- Mentor and train other team members on best practices and approaching large ambiguous problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to prioritize, scope, and architect new features
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on impact; balancing moving fast and building for the long haul
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architectures
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability
- 8+ years of industry experience building scalable and performant production UIs and APIs using a stack similar but not limited to React, Typescript, GraphQL, Python
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business