WHO WE ARE
Pinata Technologies, Inc. is building the tools and infrastructure for a more free and empowering Web3 generation through IPFS. Our vision is to foster a sense of place for every creator on the internet that is uniquely theirs. Our fully remote team comprises engineers and designers, builders and creators, and overall kind humans with big dreams. We believe in a culture that fosters integrity and teamwork, laughter and trust, and our work is meaningful and challenging in the best ways every day.
Check us out at About Us | Pinata
Pinata is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to build and manage infrastructure that is servicing large volumes of data and traffic, maintain quality and reliable services, and influence the direction and success of a major Web3 application.
You will report directly to our Dev Ops Lead, while working with the Engineering team to ensure our products are running in a safe and reliable infrastructure. You will also help strengthen the security and trust around our application that our customers rely on.
You will work remotely with our distributed team and can be based anywhere in North or South America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Enable our Engineering team to deploy and scale our services, ensuring continuous delivery of our application to our customers
- Build, test and monitor software prioritizing reliability and scalability
- Develop service-level metrics according to business objectives and ensure SLA’s and SLO’s are met
- Identify and address operational issues by developing processes, automation, and infrastructure improvements
- Incident management including troubleshooting, incident prioritization, and facilitation of postmortems
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering building and maintaining infrastructure with knowledge of infrastructure components
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
- Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in Linux environments
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience using Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and visualization
- Knowledge of IPFS
- Knowledge of infrastructure tools in our ecosystem: Docker, AWS, Cloudflare, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Experience with NGINX
- Experience working in Agile development environment with minimal guidance
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Ability to work remotely from anywhere
Great compensation package
Health, dental and vision benefits
Unlimited paid time off
Professional development stipend
18 weeks parental leave for full-time, salaried employees
Meaningful equity for full-time, salaried employees
Opportunity to join us at an early stage where your contributions will make an impact and you’ll have opportunities to flourish
Applying to Pinata
We value different experiences, so even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Our team spans over 7 countries and each of us offer unique perspectives. We believe in treating everyone with respect and providing an environment where everyone can be their authentic self. Pinata is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people who are neurodivergent, have medical needs or disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please complete this form.