About The Position
Who we are
The Sandbox is building a decentralized metaverse, empowering creators and players to come together and build the world they’ve always wanted. It is our mission to build an inclusive and open metaverse. Building the bridge between blockchain, social experiences, and gaming. Creating long-lasting relationships through the power of community, creativity, and NFTs.
About the role
Are you an experienced Project Manager interested in handling various technical projects in this fast growing gaming company?
As part of a Sandbox Tribe, we need you to animate and lead one or several squads across The Sandbox products!
Our squads are groups of people gathered for their skills to deliver a Roadmap. We deliver features from front-end, back-end, blockchain and unity technologies across the organization. As a gaming and a Web3 company, squads can also interact with content producers (Voxels Artists, Designer, Level designer), with technical partners and with Intellectuals Properties (see some of our partners here https://www.sandbox.game/en/).
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Squad Product Owners in defining timelines and prioritizations.
- Manage the backlog defined with the Product Owners and refined with the Technical Lead to ensure production proceeds according to vision and schedule.
- Animate and lead the squads dedicated engineering team in their everyday work with an agile approach.
- Manage tools, risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies between all stakeholders
- Take part in the feature deliveries and quality.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate relationships and communication across The Sandbox.
- Report the project status to the Product Owners and the Lead Project Manager.
What we are looking for
- You have held a similar position in a software development company.
- You can motivate and lead a team of developers in order to reach the defined deadlines.
- You are open to change, multitasks, hands-on, proactive, with an excellent team spirit.
- Excellent communications and reporting skills.
- You can work remotely.
You might also have
- Global scale project management experience.
- A good knowledge of Web3, Web2, Gaming, life-cycle development, unity, and business are good points for this position.
- Metaverse, Web3 and blockchain knowledge are not expected at the start but we will expect you to learn about it and invest time to play and understand the culture.