Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
What are we looking for?
We are a group of contributors to the Decentraland ecosystem and are actively seeking for a Senior Engineering Manager to continue building the clients to enter the Metaverse. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating truly memorable experiences for the community, has a generalist mindset, and an extensive background in the software industry.
Role and challenges
Until now, Decentraland grew its interface organically. At this stage of the project, it is time to productize and professionalize all the developments related to the user’s experience like tools to edit avatars, the explorer of the world, to interact with other users, to generate content and customize your experience in the metaverse. The challenge is to grow an engineering team, focused on users experience and creating a state of the art experience when our global visitors come explore and interact in the metaverse.
The ideal candidate should feel comfortable and excited about:
- Leading a team of Unity developers, setting clear goals and deliverables while empowering them and encouraging their professional growth
- Iterating fast and creating innovative solutions to complex problems
- Dealing with existing products to make them more efficient, scalable, performant and maintainable
- Interacting with other teams and stakeholders to understand the short, medium and long term platform goals and bring them to life by leading the transformation of our current tools and create new ones
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience leading software projects with global impact
- Past experience growing your engineering team as a mentor and manager
- Have worked with projects with Unity or other game engines
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the agile development lifecycle
- Strong communication skills, fluency and professional competency in both Spanish and English.
- Experience working within the video game and/or digital entertainment industry.
- Game Producing background is a nice to have as long as you have worked closely with engineering helping guide and execute technical decisions.
- Cross-platform application development experience, from web, PC, mobile, to consoles or VR.
- Understanding of open-source development idiosyncrasy and DevOps culture.
- Experience collaborating with multiple departments such as product, art or marketing.
- Knowledge of the metaverse ecosystem, decentralization, blockchain and NFTs.
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours
- 29 annual PTOs
- Long term incentive of MANA tokens
- Performance reviews every semester, associated with additional MANA tokens
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair