WHO WE ARE
Pinata Technologies, Inc. is building the tools and infrastructure for a more free and empowering Web3 generation through IPFS. Our vision is to foster a sense of place for every creator on the internet that is uniquely theirs. Our fully remote team comprises engineers and designers, builders and creators, and overall kind humans with big dreams. We believe in a culture that fosters integrity and teamwork, laughter and trust, and our work is meaningful and challenging in the best ways every day.
Check us out at About Us | Pinata
Pinata is creating a world where people can own the experience of creating and distributing content. We’re looking for someone to help make that experience easier through client-side tools and applications.
You will report directly to our Dev Ops Lead, while working with the Engineering team on the development, deployment, and maintenance of Pinata’s platform services. You will have the opportunity to play a major role in the direction of future services and applications, while bringing expertise and creativity to building solutions.
You will work remotely with our distributed team and can be based anywhere in North or South America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain current systems across multiple environments
- Develop and deploy new systems and infrastructure while following IAC best practices
- Write and maintain documentation on development practices and systems
- Work with engineers to manage release pipelines and schedules
- Advise and enforce security best practices
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years in DevOps engineering building and maintaining infrastructure with knowledge of infrastructure components
- 5+ years of experience working with infrastructure tools in our ecosystem: Docker, AWS, Cloudflare, Terraform, Kubernetes, Vault, Rancher, Prometheus, Grafana, Kafka, Sentry
- 5+ years of experience working with and maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases including PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Technical expertise in cloud computing using AWS including EC2, RDS, and VPC
- Experience using services that support cloud-native applications
- Experience with CI/CD orchestration tools including Gitlab, Jenkins and Argo
- Professional experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to establish operational processes, implement DevOps and deployment checklists
- Interest in learning new technologies to drive adoption as we expand our systems
- Understanding of security best practices
- Knowledge of IPFS
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Ability to work remotely from anywhere
Great compensation package
Health, dental and vision benefits
Unlimited paid time off
Professional development stipend
18 weeks parental leave for full-time, salaried employees
Meaningful equity for full-time, salaried employees
Opportunity to join us at an early stage where your contributions will make an impact and you’ll have opportunities to flourish
Applying to Pinata
We value different experiences, so even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Our team spans over 7 countries and each of us offer unique perspectives. We believe in treating everyone with respect and providing an environment where everyone can be their authentic self. Pinata is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people who are neurodivergent, have medical needs or disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please complete this form.