Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
We are looking for a world-class Lead Product Manager to help DCL define the future of blockchain-enabled platforms and services.
• Lead, manage and own entire product SKU while driving towards monthly/quarterly strategic goals and targets.
• Work with multi-disciplinary teams: design, art, production, engineering, etc. from product conception and throughout production to shape and thoroughly document the product strategy, including feature sets, merchandising, purchasing drivers, pricing, and other success factors.
• Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-informed iteration.
• Use data to make regular adjustments to gameplay variables, in-game economy, and pricing to maximize the lifetime value of each user, conducting post launch analysis for ongoing optimization.
• Work with CFTs and run product health meetings to inform teams regularly on key learnings and new insights.
• Develop the economy and leverage data to detect, improve and balance the content rollout to maximize value while avoiding imbalances.
• Conceptualize, evangelize and execute product requirement documents so cross functional teams clearly understand the outcomes and business impacts.
• Develop a deep understanding of our users: their problems, their needs, their desires and translate them into amazing experiences.
• Analyze competitive landscape and become the team’s genre expert to promote thought exercises and innovation.
• Leverage business intelligence, user analytics, and quant+qual analysis to monitor game health performance and identify and prioritize product features that will increase monetization via improved conversion and retention.
• Must be passionate about games & excited about working at the intersection of play-to-earn and blockchain games, effectively balancing the needs of technology, business, and user experience.
• 4 to 5 years’ experience as a PM or Data Analyst on a successful free-to-play product (i.e. PC, mobile, web), or experience at a top-tier consulting/finance firm, with a proven playbook / case studies to draw from.
• Expert understanding of system / feature designs and why they are in place to drive behavioral outcomes that marry to business goals.
• Have strong opinions, loosely held, and is not offended or uninterested in serious debate.
• Experience with developing and inputting to a bottoms-up & top-down approach to the P&L to ensure due diligence and business metrics are aligned with reality.
• Work with technical teams, to design, implement and improve tools to optimize our service.
• Highly analytical with sound business judgement, able to clearly communicate “why” instead of just the “how” and the “what” to drive execution
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Advanced Excel/Economy Modeling, Data Visualization and Presentation skills
• Degree in Statistics / Economics / Finance (MBA preferred)
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.