OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
At OpenSea we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. We’re looking for thoughtful and resilient OpenSeatizens with quick decision-making skills to help us make OpenSea feel safe and welcoming. If you have experience in content moderation, financial fraud, or other types of bad actors, we want to hear from you! This team will be on the front lines working with our users every day and will partner with our Product team to improve the user experience.
What You’ll Do
- Build, lead, and scale multiple Legal Operations teams and functions, including intellectual property operations, law enforcement response, and investigations
- Partner with senior leaders across the company to set the vision for the Legal Operations team as it grows and matures
- Provide leadership, guidance, and development to a team of Operations Associates, Investigators, and Leads
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Drive improvements across workflows, policies, outsourcing strategies, and tooling that improve efficiency and quality of work
- Utilize data to help the team identify trends, emerging risks, and new attack vectors in order to define goals and improve process, policy, or product solutions
- Build relationships and partner with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Policy, and Legal to drive improvements to the community support experience
- BA/BS Degree
- 10+ years of experience working in operations domains such as trust and safety operations, legal operations, investigations, or compliance
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience building and scaling teams, including goal setting, process development, and change management
- Experience in intellectual property, illicit financing, payments compliance, or other trust and safety legal domains
- Experience managing and improving high-risk workflows and processes
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Experience (formally or informally) with Web3 or NFT communities