About The Position
The Sandbox is building a decentralized metaverse, empowering creators and players to come together and build the world they’ve always wanted. It is our mission to build an inclusive and open metaverse, building the bridge between blockchain, social experiences, and gaming, while creating long-lasting relationships through the power of community, creativity, and NFTs.
To learn more, check us out at www.sandbox.game/ or on Twitter at @TheSandboxGame.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join us as our Head of Data. As the leader of the Data team, you’ll be responsible for setting the vision of data at The Sandbox, and scaling and supporting the Data team as they enable decision-making and product building. In this role, you will partner closely with leaders of our marketing, product, LiveOps, and other teams to define and expand our product and business strategy and then deliver against it. In setting a vision for the organization, you will develop a culture of excellence and inspire innovation.
The Sandbox team is spread across Europe, South America, and the West Coast US.
- Articulate, evangelize and pursue a long-term vision for Data at The Sandbox, and foster a data-driven culture of innovation throughout the company.
- Architect and oversee the building out of our data infrastructure and processes.
- Ensure that the company’s data foundation is scalable, performant, and secure, and can scale with the company’s needs.
- Enable continuous improvements of user experience through business intelligence and experimentation. (Our products include Game Maker, VoxEdit, The Game, and the Marketplace; each with its own user flow and data requirements)
- Design data products for The Sandbox teams: product KPI dashboards, alert systems, and reports.
- Design data products for The Sandbox users across our products and user segments of gamers, creators, artists, and investors (e.g. LAND valuation and NFT pricing)
- Support Marketing by implementing an attribution solution and modeling, a data-driven CRM system, and user value modeling across user segments.
- Attract top talent and manage the new Data team, allowing everyone to grow and thrive.
- 8+ years Data, ML, Ops experience.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines across the organization.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams with direct supervisory and people management responsibilities.
- A curiosity about crypto economies and demonstrated knowledge about the applications of blockchain.
- A background in the gaming industry is a plus.