Game Systems Designer
Director, Game Systems
About Star Atlas:
Star Atlas is a next-gen MMORPG metaverse emerging from the confluence of the Solana blockchain, Unreal Engine 5’s real-time graphics technology and decentralized financial protocols. Developed by ATMTA Inc., Star Atlas combines play-to-earn NFT mechanics with an AAA cinematic space-genre experience creating an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership.
- Design player progression, leveling, reward, and core gameplay mechanics
- Collaborate with Design and other development teams on feature creation
- Drive the design for game UX and UI
- Explain concepts & features through clear documentation that can be used throughout the development team
- Balance the systems based on data gathered from the game analytics and internal playtests
- Effectively communicate your vision/ideas between different departments
- Identify new trends, mechanics, features that fit the Star Atlas lore
- Create prototypes with existing tools and assets to showcase your design intentions and prove that they are fun.
- A proven portfolio of personal/professional work
- Experience with game and systems design including a solid understanding of feedback, controls, usability, balancing, and UI/UX
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas to showcase their potential
- Passion for solving complex game design problems using visual and text-based scripting and programming languages
- Being equally capable of working independently or collaborating with others in large teams
- Skilled communicator, interacting with a cross disciplinary team effectively and consistently both in person and through text, including documentation.
- STEM degree with curriculum that demonstrates a strong technical foundation
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology and the blockchain gaming landscape
- General interest in Sci-Fi culture (games or other media)
- Previous industry experience with ownership of major gameplay features and systems