Game Economy Analyst
Head of Game Economy, Chief Executive Officer
About Star Atlas:
Star Atlas is a next-gen MMORPG metaverse emerging from the confluence of the Solana blockchain, Unreal Engine 5’s real-time graphics technology and decentralized financial protocols. Developed by ATMTA Inc., Star Atlas combines play-to-earn NFT mechanics with an AAA cinematic space-genre experience creating an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership.
- Provide clear game specifications, diagrams and documentation from initial concept to launch with economy and playability testing to maximize monetization and user retention.
- Establish economic models surrounding game systems to maximize sustainability in production cycles, asset emissions, reward rates, and user motivations.
- Take ownership of game monetization, manage pricing of virtual goods, economy, and balancing of incentivized and purchased items in the game economy context.
- Take responsibility for the functionality of game systems as they relate to the virtual economy. Analyze content from our current games to design and drive meaningful changes or improvements to economy design and monetization concepts.
- Participate in the design and mapping of game progression from a systems and monetization perspective.
- Work closely with game designers to match desired player behavior, systems, incentivization structures and creative game design.
- Analyze target game genres’ game economies, garnering key insights on how different mechanics provide different monetization potential through player experiences and behavior.
- Recommend rewards and monetization game features to create an economic system that fulfills player needs.
- Ensure that the game economy design has enough monetization depth and viable content product needs.
- Own and communicate the holistic game economy and systems view, allowing for the vetting of concepts and ideas in the economy context.
- Aggregate, query, and analyze live data to monitor and optimize the game economy.
- Be a constant student of evolving blockchain game economies, emerging player behavior and trends, and champion these insights to improve the effectiveness of economic design efforts.
- Coordinate with Token Economy and Metaverse Economy teams to ensure seamless integration of various economic systems applicable to a web3 virtual world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, mathematics, or similar
- At least 3 years of leadership and proven successful game system design, balancing, pacing & monetization strategies for game platform technology (live/online game development a plus)
- Highly analytical, skilled at building models and tools to simulate and analyze the game economy and player behavior in order to merge them with business needs
- Competency in econometrics skills, and able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Statistical knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Detailed knowledge of the social gaming industry, free-to-play, and virtual goods business models on mobile platforms
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to work in Python, Matlab, R, data sciences, and programming languages a plus