About The Position
The Sandbox is a decentralized community-driven gaming, digital art and game development ecosystem where creators and designers can create and monetize their art NFTs, art and gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain.
As a Game Designer you would be reporting to the Head of Publishing. You will coordinate and drive delivery for outsourced projects, to develop highly engaging experiences and games content for our players. You will have experience with Agile methodologies, project management tools, and be responsible for the experience’s quality, profitability and visibility.
The perfect fit will have the responsibility to design games concepts that ll use the best of our tools and monetisation features. In regard to the market trends, KPI analysis of our live games and our portfolio distribution, you will imagine new experiences that will fit our editorial strategy and be produced by our creators community. You will Define and document those game design documents in accordance with our specific constraints and our values (Blockchain, UGC, Play to Earn)
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and specify the game structure, main mechanics & features
- Design and specify the tokenomic for each project
- Create and maintain documentation in collaboration with our educational department
- Test and review ongoing productions for milestones validations
- Collect and analyze the games KPIs to define ways of improvements and identify new trends
- Produce prototypes with our tools to illustrate your concepts and highlight the needs of new features development
- Being aware of the web3 and metaverse trends, benchmark and produce reports regularly
- Being force of proposal to organize our portfolio and influence our editorial strategy
Ideal Candidate Competencies
We are looking for the following skills and competencies:
- Can ensure brand guidelines and values are adhered to.
- Has strong client facing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working
- relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Solid experience in a Game Design position
- At least 1 shipped title
- Ability to convey a concept from design to implementation
- Ability to produce mockups, flows, illustrations to support concepts
- Deep understanding of complex ecosystems involving multiple products
- Deep understanding of MMO economic design
- Deep understanding of UGC constraints
- Knowledge of blockchain specificities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Leadership and ability to pitch concepts to other team members
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of the Blockchain gaming industry
- Knowledge of the Cryptocurrency ecosystem
- French communication