In partnership with IOI Ltd we are looking to add a new individual for the Decentraland project.
Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual social world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by creators who use both open source and proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where the world is what you make it.
As Decentraland contributors, we are actively seeking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join our remote-friendly team creating the tools to build the metaverse. You will be in charge of developing cool 3.0 web apps (dApps) along with other services. Our ideal candidate has a proactive personality with a strong sense of ownership and initiative.
The ideal candidate should feel comfortable and excited about:
• Developing new features, iterating fast, and creating innovative solutions to complex problems
• Dealing with existing code and products to make them more efficient, scalable, performant and maintainable
• Interacting with other teams and stakeholders to understand the short, medium and long term platform goals and bring them to life
• Identifying problems and bottlenecks and creating innovative solutions for them
The Tech Stack
These are the technologies that the dApps team uses on a daily basis:
• TypeScript (both server & browser)
• React, Redux and sagas
• Web3 and ethers.js for interacting with Ethereum
• Node.js for servers
• GitHub Actions & Workflows for continuous deployment
• Gitlab and Pulumi for the infrastructure provisioning
• Prometheus and Grafana for monitoring
• ZenHub for project management
• Ability to understand existing products, refactor and scale them
• Experience building, publishing and maintaining software in production environments
• Experience building Node.js REST APIs and accessing data using query languages like SQL or GraphQL.
• Desire to work with technologies like Redux and Sagas
• Familiarity with blockchain-based technologies
• Has built a Smart Contract using Solidity or Vyper
• Has built an app (any tool, dApp, etc.) for fun or motivated by a personal frustration
• Experience working on a distributed team spread across several time zones
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 vacation days per year
• Long term incentive of MANA tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Stipend policy to cover work-related expenses
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.