Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
• You will ensure understanding of the design vision across disciplines, and ensure design coherence and a fun player experience in the finished product.
• Define, maintain, and communicate the creative vision for the project to ensure a best-in-class player experience.
• Work with all disciplines to establish the vision for a scalable and unique aesthetic that fulfills the project’s goals and pillars.
• Partner with Production, Product Management, Marketing, and Consumer Insights to ensure proper creative positioning of the product, understand and build with our audience in mind, and inform the vision based on analytics and data.
• Provide ongoing creative support for the project at all stages of the product lifecycle.
• Communicate and evangelize the direction and vision for the game upwards to executive stakeholders, outwards to external partners and outsourcers, and inwards to the team.
• Ensure design cohesion and best practices across the team, and communicate them via documentation, presentations, and mentoring.
• Review and provide feedback on systems, feature, and content designs and provide guidance to other leaders and designers.
• Stay abreast of the latest trends in gaming and social networks to ensure the team is developing a pioneering product platform that matches evolving player expectations and innovations.
• Inspire, lead, and motivate a team of designers from diverse backgrounds.
• Mentor and guide the design team on their respective career trajectories.
• Impart your experience and methods to the team, and leverage their own strengths and backgrounds to build a versatile team capable of tackling any challenge.
• An experienced Design Director or Creative Director with 10 years experience in game development (or similar experience) and at least one shipped title, preferably in the UGC space.
• You have a deep experience, love and intuitive feel for games and a passion for leading creative teams.
• You believe strongly in the cross-platform future of AAA game experiences on mobile, console and PC, and recognize the revolutionary and exciting prospects of bringing extremely high-quality and feature-rich experiences to the unprecedented global audience that cross-platform affords.
• Experience of games-as-a-service design methodologies and building a living game for a large community of players.
• Deeply familiar with what it takes to develop and ship a AAA quality title on time and at quality
• A master of design systems, workflows, and processes.
• An effortless communicator, visually and verbally.
• A believer in the power, reach, and potential of the next generation of cross-platform decentralized experiences.
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 4 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.