A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia’s fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world’s first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
As Immutable X’s first Business Development Associate, you will focus on sourcing and onboarding the next generation of web3 games and projects onto Immutable X. To do this, you will be operating in the fast-paced nature of web3, keeping up with industry news, building key relationships across ecosystem partners and directly engaging in projects’ core communities via Discord, Twitter, Reddit, etc to evangelize Immutable X.
In the fast-moving world of web3, you are comfortable with change, learning quickly, and building the structure and process to enable your success. You are accountable for growing the number of active, qualified leads in the BD team’s pipeline.
You will be reporting into the Senior Manager on the Business Development team, and will work closely across the entire Go-To-Market team while directly supporting the Business Development Managers in North America. You must have a passion for web3 gaming, crypto, and/or digital asset ownership through NFTs. Let’s call it crypto-curious, at the very least!
You will love this job if you want to work on cutting edge technology transforming the way people own digital assets and want exposure to the most innovative web3 games, companies and projects building on Immutable X.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with the Senior Business Development Managers in driving the early stages of the sales cycle and help with new customer acquisition. Goal is for the Business Development Associate to expand upon ownership of the sales process.
- Grow the number of qualified leads in the Business Development team’s pipeline.
- Work across traditional “web2” channels (e.g. cold calling, email, LinkedIn) and “web3” channels (e.g. Discord, Telegram, Twitter, etc) to reach prospects.
- Qualify inbound lead flow from website, investor network, partners and customers, etc.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the web3 gaming landscape.
We would love you to have:
- 2+ years of client facing experience (technology is a preferred industry, but also open to gaming, finance, consulting, media/agency, etc).
- A healthy interest / curiosity in crypto, web3, gaming, DeFi, digital assets, etc.
- Exceptional operational and communication abilities.
- An understanding of working in a high-change startup environment. 0-1 operator. Entrepreneurial spirit is highly preferred.
- A hunger to succeed, and an unteachable drive and commitment for excellence.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience directly working on, or advising on web3 gaming projects (including launching projects of their own – open for this person to having a “degen” knack / background)
- Familiarity with how web3 native projects and games go to market.
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable X platform team. The goal for Immutable X is to be the leading platform for NFT minting & trading “powering the world of NFT’s”. Our business development mission is to drive sales and growth across key marketplaces and solution providers to be the undisputed leader in scalable blockchain technology within gaming and Web3 gaming.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products’ success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy.
Helping you thrive
♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
Get premium access to Aura, Calm, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You’ll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered so no need to reach out – We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!