A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia’s fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world’s first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
We’re looking for Engineers in this team who have experience using Solidity, or even better Cairo, to design and build the future of game asset ownership. We enable game developers to give millions of players access to Ethereum-backed in-game items and add decentralised features around these items to make them fully-fledged assets.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build the infrastructure to ensure that games developers can give their users Ethereum-backed assets
- Build platform features and protocols to allow more games to take advantage of Immutable’s technology
- Propose new distribution and engagement mechanisms for our games which are enabled by the blockchain
- Work with internal and external game development teams to determine how we can improve blockchain UX for gamers
- Be an advocate for blockchain and decentralisation within the company: work to help us create a fundamental shift in the culture of the gaming industry
We would love you to have:
- Solidity – Deployed complex contracts using Solidity. You are able to write well-tested, highly polished code for the base layer for future applications.
- Development – You are a strong Software Engineer who is able to create wrappers around your work and help others integrate them into their products. You are capable of constructing both backend and frontend integrations with Ethereum where necessary.
- Communication – You will be a key member of our team and be tasked with funnelling blockchain information to other parts of the company, so you need to be a strong communicator.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- A passion for upskilling and driving engineering capabilities
- The ability to work comfortably across a range of technologies and are flexible to adapt to the shifting demands of the role
- Previously worked in a scale/start up environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices such as Clean Code / SOLID principles
- The motivation to deliver a fantastic product to our users
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable X Platform team where you will help build out our Immutable X Platform. As engineers at Immutable, we aspire to create an engineering culture that is world-class in every respect. A culture that means Immutable is known as a place where the best people do amazing work and one that consistently and sustainably delivers business outcomes. While working at Immutable you will have the opportunity to work in one of our many squads – Primitives, Protocols/Tokens, Mainstream, Crypto Developers, Marketplace, Wallets, and Core Engineering.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products’ success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
Get premium access to Aura, Calm, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You’ll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered so no need to reach out – We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!