Ultra is a blockchain company launching a PC games distribution and an app ecosystem. Ultra aggregates all gamers’ activities in one place: from buying, playing and reselling games, to accessing live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting with communities and brands.
The team is currently composed of 90+ full-time members, working across 5 continents. To learn more, visit our website: https://ultra.io/
Ultra is looking for an experienced Backend developer to join our growing team. This is an exciting project that will involve challenging problem solving and collaborating in architecting an innovative solution from the ground up.
In this role, you will design, implement, test, document and deploy backend services meeting business requirements. All the services will serve millions of users and will be deployed in the cloud.
As a member of a feature team, you will be responsible for your services running in production and will ensure their availability, elasticity and resilience. You will contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software. You will develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity. You will also be asked to develop documentation on the new built system.
You are committed to using your technical skills to build a solid platform and deliver amazing user experience. You enjoy learning new and emerging technologies. You are pro open source, do not like to reinvent the wheel, you are a force of proposal and an excellent team player.
You are a problem-solver, critical thinker and a great communicator.
- 2 years professional experience with NodeJS / typescript OR 3 years of experience in: JAVA, C#, C++ and similar OO language
- Experience in server/client side JS (nodeJS, expressJS, Typescript)
- Experience with SQL/noSQL databases
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliability and durability software systems
- Experience building microservices and designing REST APIs
- Experience with message brokers
- Proficiency in English, with great interpersonal skills
It’s great if you also have:
- GCP and/or AWS experience
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience deploying microservices with docker, kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD using Gitlab-ci
- Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc…)
- Previous experience with Java or Python
- Previous experience with Blockchain
What you will do:
- Your challenges
- Your tasks
- At Ultra, you will
All our services require highly scalable server architectures (+1mil concurrent user) where blockchain will ultimately impact all our infrastructural choices. Ultra could be considered as a multitude of smaller sub-projects, each having its own team leader. Your ability to advise and collaborate with multiple sub-teams simultaneously will define our project’s success. You will work with offices all around the world, working remotely will be part of your daily routine.
Design, implement, test, document and deploy backend services in the cloud. As a member of a feature team, you will be responsible for your services running in production and will ensure their availability, elasticity and resilience. You will contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software. You will develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity. You will take part in the team’s scrum rituals. You will develop documentation on the new built system.
Learn every day and be involved in many exciting projects. Have the opportunity to grow with an ambitious and fast-paced company, on an innovative market. Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you advise, to set up new processes, and to share and implement your ideas with the team. Join an enthusiastic team and take part in Ultra’s international expansion. Work with passionate colleagues in a multicultural, open-minded environment
- If we select your application, you will start our interview process:
- Meet Mathilde, Recruiter
- Take our coding test at home: it will be done in Node.Js
- Meet Hugo, our Head of Engineering, and Koffi, our Lead Backend Engineer
- Meet members of your team
Ultra is a true international company currently spread across the globe (Estonia, Belgium, France, Portugal, Ukraine, USA, China, South Africa…). We thrive off diverse perspectives! We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more! We’re committed to giving equal opportunities, and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.