About The Position
Step into the Metaverse and be part of the new era of gaming!
The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their own 3D gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. We are building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and brands such as Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Atari, Tony Hawk, The Smurfs, and many more.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Sound Designer to join our audio team.
- Conceptualize, design, create and deliver sound effects;
- Work with the Audio Director to help define the audio vision;
- Create audio asset lists for the objects and characters in the game;
- Edit, design, and process voice-over recordings;
- Conduct foley and field recording when needed;
- Aid setting up interactive audio system for SFX, music, and VO;
- Implement audio assets into the sound engine and manage integration structure and parameters.
- 3+ years of experience in AAA sound design, with at least one shipped title;
- Knowledge of all aspects of audio production, foley, field recording, editing, voice design, and mixing;
- Ability to self-manage and organize high-volume audio assets;
- Expert knowledge of audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod is essential;
- Being on top of the field in new technologies such as plugins, sound libraries, synthesis, ambisonics recording & mixing, and interactive sound integration;
- Advance knowledge of DAWs (i.e., Reaper, Nuendo, Protools, etc.);
- A portfolio showcasing sound design in games is required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- A passion for games.
- Music production and editing skills
- Experience working with Unity
- Multichannel mixing (5.1, 7.1, and Atmos)
- Knowledge of audio and studio equipment
- Working knowledge of Jira and/or similar tools