Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Defining game’s art style, while complying with the creative vision of the initial art direction
• Conveying expectations, both in terms of the level of quality and content (backgrounds, environments, characters), to the graphics team ( lead artists, concept artists, environment artists, character artists, animation team) by making use of the pertinent visual references, concept art, production design, and atmosphere materials
• Developing high standards of quality
• Supervising and approving work completed by the graphics team to ensure that the elements produced comply with the vision for the game, as well as meeting standards for quality
• Guiding the development and ensuring the maintenance of the flow of artistic tasks
• Ensuring that the artistic framework, schedule and budget are all abided by
• A minimum of 8+ years of experience as an art director, senior concept artist, or lead artist on AAA console/PC projects (games published on mobile platforms are an asset)
• Excellent artistic and technical skill sets (concept art, illustration, high-resolution sculpting/modelling, UI design)
• Expertise with 2D/3D next-gen production tools (knowledge of rendering engines and of compositing is an asset)
• Technical expertise with the main graphics engines on the market (knowledge of iOS platforms is an asset)
• Able to adapt to different management/data-monitoring systems (TortoiseSVN, Perforce, etc.)
What are we looking for
• Passionate about video games, with a strong interest for both stylistic and photorealistic art styles
• Demonstrates mastery of illustration, animation, and graphic design with versatility regarding backgrounds, characters and UI elements
• Possesses excellent knowledge of the principles behind anatomy and design
• Possesses a positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing multidisciplinary graphics teams
• Excellent knowledge/reasoning when it comes to game development and the realities of production, both from technical and conceptual standpoints
• Tactful and a strong communicator, able to mobilize and inspire a team
• Critical with a keen sense of observation, and able to express their ideas
• Independent, rigorous and equipped with excellent organizational skills
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.