Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
We are currently looking for a 3D Artist to join our Product Team at DCL. Responsibilities will include collaborating closely with a highly motivated creative team to produce quality 3D assets that define and expand the look of our product. We are looking for an artist who is enthusiastic about the process of making game art and is capable of wearing many hats as you jump from one priority to the next.
In this role you will work with both internal and external artists, communicating across multiple locations throughout the world. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on our product, where you will make positive and meaningful contributions to our platform.
• Partner with Concept and VFX Artists to model, texture and light 3D game assets including Props, Environments, and Characters.
• Support the wider team and our partners in asset creation
• Assist with developing and implementing assets in a live game environment
• Continuously learn and grow as an artist and developer
• Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with other artists
• Experience in game development creating stylized assets
• Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and ZBrush.
• Strong low and high poly modeling, UV mapping and texturing skills
• A strong portfolio representing both 2D and 3D artwork
• Demonstrated understanding of PBR material workflow
• Knowledge of Unity and production management tools like JIRA
• Ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively as part of a team
• An exceptional eye for detail and ability to raise the quality bar
• Core artistic principles including light/color, composition, structure, and perspective
• Good organization and time management skills
• Willingness to go that extra mile to support the game development process on various fronts
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.